Teach Mindful Self-Compassion
Together with our partners, we run the only teacher training programme recognised internationally, to enable participants to run the eight-week Mindful Self-Compassion course.
Training informed by pioneering research and clinical experience
Based on pioneering research by Kristin Neff and integrated with the clinical perspective of Christopher Germer, Mindful Self-Compassion teaches core principles and practices that enable participants to respond to difficult emotions with care and understanding.
The three key components of self-compassion are self-kindness, a sense of common humanity, and balanced, mindful awareness.
- Kindness opens our hearts to suffering, so we can give ourselves what we need.
- Common humanity opens us to others, so that we know we aren’t alone.
- Mindfulness opens us to the present moment, so we can accept our experience with greater ease.
Together they comprise a state of warm hearted, connected presence during difficult moments in our lives.
Teacher training objectives
At the completion of the teacher training, participants should be able to:
- Deepen their personal practice of responding to difficult emotions with mindfulness and compassion.
- Summarise current basic theory and research on self-compassion.
- Develop the skills necessary to facilitate courses, including how to guide meditations, teach from each participant’s direct experience, and facilitate group cohesion.
- Identify obstacles to Mindful Self-Compassion practice and strategies for overcoming them.
- Embody a mindful and compassionate stance toward students of the programme as they confront challenges to their practice.
Who is the training for?
The programme is for people who wish to teach Mindful Self-Compassion, those who would like to integrate mindfulness and self-compassion in their ongoing professional activities (such as psychotherapy, coaching, nursing, teaching, etc.), and for individuals who have a professional interest in the field (researchers, administrators, etc.).
See more about the Mindful Self-Compassion training pathway here.
When is the next course?
The next course starts with an intensive week-long training workshop in March 2025, followed by an online teacher training practicum. Find out more here.