Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction course: Tuesday evenings
14 October at 14:30 to 17:00
The Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) programme is the eight-week mindfulness course developed by Jon Kabat Zinn, taught all over the world, and scientifically proven to help people cope better with stress, depression and anxiety.
Through guided meditations, group dialogue, individually tailored instructions and home assignments, you will learn the essential principles of mindfulness and techniques to build your personal home practice and access the wide-ranging benefits well beyond the course.
The key learning points include:
- A variety of formal and informal mindfulness meditation practices, which involve using the breath and body as a focus for being aware of our experience in the present moment;
- Understanding the physiology of stress and how to self-regulate our moods, so that we are better able to pause in challenging situations and manage our responses more effectively;
- Recognising the patterns of worrying and self-criticism that often generate more stress.
- Learning to relate to ourselves with a more accepting and kind stance.
- Building more mindful, and thus meaningful, communication, connections and relationships.
- Developing practical self-care tools to help us thrive, perform at our best, and build resilience.
The format of the course?
- Two and a half hour orientation session at the start to help you decide if the course is right for you
- Eight weekly, two and a half hour classes, including mindfulness practices, discussion and exercises
- One day-long silent retreat
- Daily meditation home practice of between 20 to 40 minutes
Tuesday afternoons 2.30pm-5.00pm starting 14 October to 16 December 2023. (No session on 11 November.)
Online. You will get Zoom log-in details when your place is confirmed.
How to book
Fill in the application form here indicating the dates you can attend in order of preference.