Top-up training to teach MBCT and MBSR
Top-up mindfulness teacher training enables past students of our training to teach adapted mindfulness-based interventions to top-up their skills to teach the eight-week mindfulness courses.
Top-up your training
Our training programme to teach adapted mindfulness-based interventions provides graduates with the skills needed to teach safely. However, it does not enable participants to teach the full eight-week Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) or Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) courses. If graduates would like to teach one of these mindfulness courses, they can take our ‘top-up’ training.
Requirements and costs for training
The training course is open to both NHS staff and people who work outside the NHS, who have completed our training to teach adapted mindfulness-based interventions.
The costs and bursaries available are as follows:
- The course fees are £2,450.
- There are usually some funded or part-funded training places available for Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust staff.
- There may be some reduced cost places for people who have limited financial means and/or who come from backgrounds that are currently underrepresented in the mindfulness practitioner and teacher community.
- In addition, all trainees need to pay £500 for a residential retreat.
Find out more
- You can find out more about this training in our 2024 handbook (pdf) and/or by signing up to an information session.
Applications for 2024 are now open
You can apply using the following forms:
- Application form for Sussex Partnership staff 2024 (word document)
- Application form for external applicants 2024 (word document)
The deadline for applications is 1st December 2023.
Applicants from outside the Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust are welcome to submit their application early in order to secure an an early interview date and decision on their application.
For further information about training please contact email@example.com or call the Sussex Mindfulness Centre administrator on 0300 304 0689.
Regular, online teacher training information sessions will be held throughout the year. If there’s one coming up it will be advertised below. Otherwise please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to book a place on one.